It has been very well-documented how this year has seen a huge shift towards remote working. This shift has brought with it an increase in security vulnerabilities*. Last week we looked at how Black Friday sales stand to provide hackers with a wealth of potential victims. Today we look at how companies are responding to these trends by investing in cyber security for the future.
Only last month, PwC released the Global Digital Trust Insights Survey 2021, in which they surveyed 3,249 business and technology executives from around the globe, including 265 based in the UK. The survey revealed some very interesting insights into what lies ahead in the world of cyber security.
If your business has undergone change due to the impact of Covid-19, have you taken the necessary steps to ensure that it remains cyber resilient?
Our security professionals have years of experience in helping organisations both large and small with their security policies, procedures and protocols.
We can provide a thorough analysis of your existing set up, ensuring that any vulnerabilities are detected and addressed. We will work with your team to deliver the right results for your business.
Survey Findings (Global Security)
- Approximately 40% of the 3,249 executives surveyed revealed that they planned to increase resilience testing
- 55% of those polled said they would be increasing their spend on security in 2021
- Just over 25% said they will be reducing their spend
- 13% will retain the same yearly budget
- 42% believe that they are getting the best return against their cyber spend
- 51% of executives plan to add full-time cyber security personnel over the next year
- 16% are planning to decrease the size of their cyber security team
Survey Findings (UK Security)
- 96% of UK respondents said that they will shift their cyber security strategy due to Covid-19
- 36% of the UK respondents are very confident that they are getting the best return for their cyber spend
- 56% of UK respondents are planning to increase their cyber budgets in 2021
- 42% of UK respondents said they plan to increase their headcount
- 22% of UK organisations are planning to decrease the size of their cyber security team
Conclusion: Cyber Security HUGE in 2021
This particular survey demonstrates just how important cyber security is for businesses right now. The responses show that the majority of participants are either going to maintain their current efforts or increase them. That said, there are still plenty of companies who will be reducing their own teams, potentially in favour of a right-sourced solution. This is exactly where CRIBB Cyber Security can step in.
As part of theICEway ecosystem of companies, we work with clients in cruise, travel and healthcare and adopt a security by design approach. CRIBB is an official certification body with the full backing of the UK government, and we can also help you with data protection, governance and more. Just think of us as your ‘one-stop shop’ for all things cyber security-related – read more.
*The HLB Cyber Security Report 2020 revealed that 65% of UK organisations surveyed had been breached or exposed during this year’s initial lockdown period.